Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated April 14, 2014
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: Those who are unemployed.
1. Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
2. Members with cancer: Jim Ellison, Mary Martha Emley, Diana Peck, John Robertson.
3. Service personnel: Justin Adams (Kuwait), Jesse and Mariah Bullock (Washington), Keith Carson (Italy), Nick Eby (England), Katie Evans (South Carolina), Charles Hayes (California), Richard Hinkle (Connecticut), Rich Weinel (Italy).
4. All of our Homebound: Mary Arnold, Cleo Briggs, Mary Clark, L. Frances Smith, Arlene Harris, Ruth Hasty, Marylou Long, Mary Lou Phares, Mary Martha Emley, Esther McElfresh, Doris McIntosh, Edna Mefford, John Poffenbarger, Margaret Smith, Mary VanOrmer, Janice Waits, Richard Waits, Carole Woolcock.
5. Nick Miller.
6. Our missionary Kevin Cline.
7. For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
8. Our West Ohio Bishop Gregory Palmer, our outgoing Miami Valley District Superintendent Chris Heckaman, and incoming District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper (July 1).
Week of April 6-12
9. Kile Genslinger Update: heart cauterization showed no blockages or damage, just a weak heart.
10. Bobby Coner.
11. Jessica Brandenburg: facing surgery for endometriosis; also issues with her back.
12. Betty Petticrew’s grandson Matthew MacKnight.
13. Carol Stoutenborough: ongoing flu and breathing problems.
14. Eula Head: cancer.
15. Andrea: pinched nerve.
16. John Frederick: Stage 4 cancer.
17. Tim Haas and Judy Lascow: issues.
18. Tim Studebaker: healing.
19. Baby Conner: Neuroblastoma has returned to his brain.
20. Michael: Appendix Cancer.
21. Mike Miller’s mother Margaret: kidney cancer.
22. Sandy Baudendistel: kidney stone.
23. Judy Flaugher’s brother passed away.
24. Our school district as a new superintendent is selected.
25. Ron: shingles
26. Joya: surgery
27. Darla: cancer
28. Jasmine and her children after the murder attempt.
29. Nikki Jamison
30. Diana Peck has been diagnosed with cancer. Surgery May 1.
31. Mickie Samworth: recovering from knee replacement.
32. Jerry Steinmetz: cancer
33. Joann Estes: cancer
34. Butch Midkiff: cancer surgery on his liver.
35. Janet Jones: lung cancer.
Week of April 6-12
37. Brian Brandenburg’s father Terry: congestive heart failure and COPD.
38. Brian Brandenburg’s grandmother: fell and cracked a vertebrae.
39. Chris Kitchel: slowly recovering from ankle injury.
40. Praise: Tinkerbell’s Closet has served 57 girls since January 1.
41. Praise: the opportunity the youth group had to serve at Matthew 25 Ministries and Threads.
42. Betty Gardner passed away 4/3/14. Please remember her family in prayer.
43. Steve and Vicky Cook on the passing of Steve’s brother David.
44. Family of Sarah Johnson who passed away April 6.
45. Our children (young and old) who do not attend church.
46. Kenny & Joan Lee’s daughter: eye problems.
47. Charles Hayes: ankle injury.
48. Phyllis Schoonover
49. Family of Allen Freeman who passed away.
50. Family of Terry O’Diam who passed away.
51. Emma Cline passed away (4/1/14). Please remember her family in prayer.
52. Travel mercies and those going on Spring Break.
53. Daniel Harrison.
54. Praise: Gary Wheeler’s tests came back negative for Crohn’s Disease.
55. Lori Desch: shoulder injury; in rehab.
Week of March 30-April 5
56. Eric Tucker’s grandmother passed away.
57. Myra Wheeler’s co-worker Angela Hoser’s mother Ronda (Sunday prayer quilt) passed away.
58. Sunday Quilts: Sandra Benson (foot surgery), Donna Roberts family (many issues).
59. Mary Elizabeth Selby: at Spring Hill facility, Middletown.
60. Morgan Delgrosso: miscarriage. Please pray for her family.
61. Praise: Owen’s adoption finalized.
62. Carol Bullock’s friend: knee surgery.
63. Family of Frank Kesling who passed away.
64. Tim Studebaker: back surgery.
65. Brian: in his 50’s and has a brain tumor.
66. Randy Benson: cancer.
67. Family of Joe Sloan who passed away.
68. Nancy Schneider: cancer.
69. Susan Miller’s mother-in-law: kidney cancer.
70. Mike Sienna: cancer.
71. Kathy Kitchel’s mother Esther: congestive heart failure.
72. Kathy Kitchel’s cousin Bruce: still recovering after falling off a barn last Fall.
73. Kim Flaugher’s friend Tracy: marital problems.
74. Praise: Paige is ready to graduate from Wright State.
75. Elizabeth Gisewite: pneumonia.
76. Elizabeth Schneider: lost love ones.
77. Jill Stoutenborough’s father John Raunick passed away.
78. Jim Ellison: new cancer treatment
Week of March 23-29
79. Ethel Askins passed away today (3/26). Pray for the entire family.
80. Bill DeGroat: Urinary infection.
81. Greg Banks: Pancreatic Cancer.
82. Allison Streifthau: severe migraine headaches; parents are Ernie and Holly Streifthau.
83. Richard Lefeever (lung cancer).
84. A cure for Type 1 diabetes.
85. Clark Gentry: hip replacement.
86. Rich Goins: lung cancer.
87. Dylan Nelson: parents going through a divorce.
88. Nancy Gilman: end stage.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)