Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated March 5, 2014
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: For missionaries around the world
1. Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
2. Members with cancer: Jim Ellison, Mary Martha Emley, Kent Genslinger, Joan Lansaw, John Robertson.
3. Service personnel: Justin Adams (Kuwait), Jesse and Mariah Bullock (Washington), Keith Carson (Italy), Nick Eby (England), Katie Evans (South Carolina), Charles Hayes (California), Richard Hinkle (Connecticut), Rich Weinel (Italy).
4. All of our Homebound: Mary Arnold, Ethel Askins, Cleo Briggs, Mary Clark, L. Frances Smith, Betty Gardner, Arlene Harris, Ruth Hasty, Marylou Long, Mary Lou Phares, Mary Martha Emley, Esther McElfresh, Doris McIntosh, Edna Mefford, John Poffenbarger, Margaret Smith, Mary VanOrmer, Janice Waits, Richard Waits, Carole Woolcock.
5. Nick Miller.
6. Our missionary Kevin Cline.
7. For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
8. Our West Ohio Bishop Gregory Palmer, our outgoing Miami Valley District Superintendent Chris Heckaman, and incoming District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper (July 1).
Week of February 23—March 2
9. Alison Milliken has a broken foot.
10. Charlotte Genslinger’s brother Joe Eidemiller: ICU at Upper Valley, weakness, dehydration and kidney problems.
11. Charlotte Genslinger’s sister Shirley Ann: Parkinson’s disease.
12. Sunday Quilt: Kyle Wright (problems with his Pancreas).
13. Greg Lane: surgery
14. Donna Galden’s friend Sarah Barker passed away. Has now lost 4 friends since December.
15. Theresa Fessinger’s counsin Jim Ussery: brain cancer has returned.
16. Mike: preparing to walk the Appalachian Trail.
17. Olivia Mett’s grandfather: carotid artery surgery.
18. Lori Desch’s father
19. Jackie Clark: flu.
20. Janet Jones: cancer, in MVH with pneumonia.
21. Ethel Askins : in Sycamore hospital with pneumonia.
22. Joann Estes: continued prayers for stomach cancer, starting a new chemotherapy.
23. Donna Hamilton: chemo.
24. Malik Kassoumeh: needs a match for a kidney transplant.
25. Chris Kitchel: seeing an orthopedic regarding potential surgery on his ankle.
26. Jim Ellison: adenoid surgery on Thursday.
Week of February 23—March 1
27. Brian Hartshorn: 29 yrs old, lung cancer.
28. Sarah Barker: cancer, in hospice care.
29. Donna Cox (Washington, D.C.) ovarian mass, praying it is not cancerous.
30. Phyllis Schrieber: cancer
31. Tim Studebaker: Severe back pain and unable to find any relief.
32. Marlene Flory: Knee surgery went well, rehabbing at Kingston.
33. Bruce Fornshell: additional surgery from fall off a barn in November.
34. Hannah Parker: ER visit caused by an allergic reaction.
35. Scott Brown: Valley View teacher, in ICU with a skull fracture.
36. Laura Jena’s friend’s son Cody: house burned down, lost everything, no insurance.
37. Robin and Dale White’s niece Chrystal White: mugged on way to work in Indiana; head and emotional trauma.
38. Rae Mett’s father: home after major heart surgery, does not want additional treatment, very ill.
39. Chris Kitchel’s friend Rob Beckett passed away February 19 from cancer.
40. Kelly Brown
41. Jerry Steinmetz: cancer
42. Daniel Harrison.
43. Betty Gardner: Out of Sycamore, moved to Kingston in Miamisburg.
44. Butch Midciff: surgery.
45. Sandy Gebhart: struggling.
46. Wallis family: lost father.
47. Jim Beener: aneurism.
48. Matthew Young family: facing surgery.
49. Sutters family.
50. Mark Rose: stroke
51. David Neilson: daughter murdered this week.
52. Family of John Stevens who passed away February 23.
53. Carol Pasquel: ill the last few days.
54. Family of Margaret Jones who passed away February 22 (friends of Gary Wheeler).
Week of February16—February 22
55. Emma Gunckle
56. Sarah Dyer: her husband is paralyzed and dealing with serious health issues.
57. Tom Bruggeman passed away from cancer.
58. Katrina Terry: prayers for issues.
59. Hugo Schlarman passed away from cancer.
60. John Poffenbarger: back at Astoria, possibly had a mini stroke but pneumonia is better.
61. Josh Stewart: back problems.
62. Wade Ratliff: doing better, still in rehab.
63. Molly Harrison: seizures.
64. Praise: Ellie Herdman has had her last chemo treatment, is in remission.
65. Lori Desch’s uncle passed away.
Week of February 9—February 15
66. Amy Fain Gerber: having tests.
67. Sarah: Outpatient surgery this week.
68. John Robertson: home from OSU Medical Center.
69. Family of James Hudson who passed away.
70. Vivian Rose: newborn who is not gaining weight like she should.
71. Jared Woodyard: pneumonia, on a ventilator, married with 4 children.
72. Laura Jena’s friend Valerie Warner: fell on ice and broke her hip.
73. Coleen Mohler: surgery on Thursday. (2/17/14 update: surgery complete, waiting test results)
74. Karen Tucker’s brother passed away.
75. Nayse Morgan: 4 year old with terminal cancer.
76. Nancy Cadick
77. Caleb Blair: 2 year old with tumor on kidney.
78. Debbie’s coworker’s husband and mother both in the hospital.
79. Ryan Jones: in a coma.
80. Family of Jerry Pitman who passed away.
81. Emma: 10 month old with tumor on kidney; also blind; complications recently
82. Family and co-workers of the woman that was mauled to death by dogs in Dayton last week.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)