Germantown UMC Prayer Requests
Updated April 23, 2014
This Week’s Church Prayer Focus: This summer's Vacation Bible School.
1. Our Friends, Relatives, Acquaintances, and Neighbors who do not know Jesus as their Savior and our outreach to them.
2. Members with cancer: Jim Ellison, Diana Peck, John Robertson.
3. Service personnel: Justin Adams (Kuwait), Jesse and Mariah Bullock (Washington), Keith Carson (Italy), Nick Eby (England), Katie Evans (South Carolina), Charles Hayes (California), Richard Hinkle (Connecticut), Rich Weinel (Italy).
4. All of our Homebound: Mary Arnold, Cleo Briggs, Mary Clark, L. Frances Smith, Arlene Harris, Ruth Hasty, Marylou Long, Mary Lou Phares, Esther McElfresh, Doris McIntosh, Edna Mefford, John Poffenbarger, Margaret Smith, Mary VanOrmer, Janice Waits, Richard Waits, Carole Woolcock.
5. Nick Miller.
6. Our missionary Kevin Cline.
7. For the church staff and leaders as they seek God’s guidance in serving God and leading GUMC.
8. Our West Ohio Bishop Gregory Palmer, our outgoing Miami Valley District Superintendent Chris Heckaman, and incoming District Superintendent Jocelyn Roper (July 1).
Week of April 20-26
9. Sandra Benson Update: foot surgery scheduled for Thursday.
10. Mary Selby: taken to the hospital on Sunday for tests and returned to Spring Hill.
11. Sunday’s Quilts: Sandy Baudendistel (kidney stones) and Darla Schilling (breast & skin cancer).
12. Al Griese: hospital.
13. Vicki Dursch’s father: back problems and an infection.
14. Julie Stivers’ aunt: surgery.
15. Phyllis Schoonover.
16. Family of Violet Rhoades who passed away.
17. Mike Samworth: ill.
18. Donna Christian.
19. Woman who was beaten.
20. Loretta Gehron’s sister: hopes to come home after rehab.
21. Kile Genslinger Update: heart cauterization showed no blockages or damage, just a weak heart.
22. Jessica Brandenburg: facing surgery for endometriosis on April 29; also issues with her back.
23. Mike Miller’s mother Margaret: kidney cancer surgery went well.
24. Jasmine and her children after the murder attempt: she is demonstrating some response.
25. Mickie Samworth: recovering from knee replacement.
26. Jerry Steinmetz: cancer
27. Joann Estes: cancer
28. Butch Midkiff: cancer surgery on his liver.
29. Unity in our church.
30. Mike Sienna: cancer.
31. A cure for Type 1 Diabetes.
32. Shelby Evans: breast cancer.
33. Toni Grant: breast cancer.
Week of April 6-12
34. Family of Mary Martha Emley who passed away.
35. Emma Gunckle: 1 yr. old with WAGR syndrome, receiving chemo. Having nausea from treatment.
36. Praise: Kyle Wright received good lab results.
37. Bobby Coner.
38. Betty Petticrew’s grandson Matthew MacKnight.
39. Eula Head: cancer.
40. Andrea: pinched nerve.
41. John Frederick: Stage 4 cancer.
42. Tim Haas and Judy Lascow: issues.
43. Tim Studebaker: healing from back surgery.
44. Baby Conner: Neuroblastoma has returned to his brain.
45. Michael: Appendix Cancer.
46. Judy Flaugher’s brother passed away.
47. Ron: shingles
48. Joya: surgery
49. Darla: cancer
50. Nikki Jamison
51. Diana Peck has been diagnosed with cancer. Surgery May 1.
52. Janet Jones: lung cancer.
Week of April 6-12
53. Brian Brandenburg’s father Terry: congestive heart failure and COPD.
54. Brian Brandenburg’s grandmother: fell and cracked a vertebrae.
55. Chris Kitchel: slowly recovering from ankle injury.
56. Praise: Tinkerbell’s Closet has served 57 girls since January 1.
57. Praise: the opportunity the youth group had to serve at Matthew 25 Ministries and Threads.
58. Betty Gardner passed away 4/3/14. Please remember her family in prayer.
59. Steve and Vicky Cook on the passing of Steve’s brother David.
60. Family of Sarah Johnson who passed away April 6.
61. Our children (young and old) who do not attend church.
62. Kenny & Joan Lee’s daughter: eye problems.
63. Charles Hayes: ankle injury.
64. Family of Allen Freeman who passed away.
65. Family of Terry O’Diam who passed away.
66. Emma Cline passed away (4/1/14). Please remember her family in prayer.
67. Travel mercies and those going on Spring Break.
68. Daniel Harrison.
69. Lori Desch: shoulder injury; in rehab.
Week of March 30-April 5
70. Eric Tucker’s grandmother passed away.
71. Myra Wheeler’s co-worker Angela Hoser’s mother Ronda (Sunday prayer quilt) passed away.
72. Sunday Quilts: Donna Roberts family (many issues).
73. Mary Elizabeth Selby: at Spring Hill facility, Middletown.
74. Morgan Delgrosso: miscarriage. Please pray for her family.
75. Praise: Owen’s adoption finalized.
76. Carol Bullock’s friend: knee surgery.
77. Family of Frank Kesling who passed away.
78. Brian: in his 50’s and has a brain tumor.
79. Randy Benson: cancer.
80. Family of Joe Sloan who passed away.
81. Nancy Schneider: cancer.
82. Kathy Kitchel’s mother Esther: congestive heart failure.
83. Kathy Kitchel’s cousin Bruce: still recovering after falling off a barn last Fall.
84. Kim Flaugher’s friend Tracy: marital problems.
85. Praise: Paige is ready to graduate from Wright State.
86. Elizabeth Schneider: lost love ones.
87. Jill Stoutenborough’s father John Raunick passed away.
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to Him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21, NLT)